The 1st International CONFERENCE ON Sustainable Energy and climate in African Municipalities
" Increasing access to quality, affordable housing for every household in the municipality "
Oct 22 - 25, 2019, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Travaux Publics (ENSTP) ,Yaounde, Cameroon
ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE YOUR MUNICIPALITY ?
• Plenary sessions
• High level participatory dialogues
• Round table/Focus Groups/Forum
• Technical Site Visits
• Exhibition (Technologies/Products/Services)
• Business Matchmaking (B2B, B2C)
• Networking /Poster Presentations
Oct 22 - 25, 2019
Ecole Nationale Superieure des Travaux Publics
Rue Elig Efi
Key Dates & Call for papers
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 30, 2019
Abstract Acceptance Notification: June 12, 2019
Full Paper Submission Deadline: July 23, 2019
Notification of manuscript acceptance; 04th August 2019
Camera-Ready Final Full Paper Deadline for Inclusion in the Proceedings: August 30, 2019
Call for sessions and workshops opens the the 2nd of September, 2019
In a rapidly changing and urbanising Africa, the provision of adequate and affordable housing remains a key priority for all governments. In addition, decent, affordable housing is fundamental to the health and well-being of people and to the smooth functioning of the economy.
SECAM Conference position itself as a strategical platform with holistic solutions through aspirations, keys challenges, and opportunities for implementing :
1) the African Union’s “Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want” ,
2) the New Urban Agenda (Habitat III) and the Paris Agreement and
3) the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): (6) Clean Water And Sanitation, (7) Affordable and Clean Energy, (9) Industry Innovation And Infrastructure (11) Sustainable Cities and Communities, (12) Responsible Production and Consumption, (13) Climate Action in existing and new African cities .
The theme for SECAM 2019 conference is "Increasing access to quality, affordable housing for every household in the municipality"
SECAM 2019 conference focus on how can African governments’ commitment to these global targets be implemented in areas of water and energy, natural capital, circular economy, behaviour change, housing, technology, professional ethics, construction quality and leadership etc...?
It will also provide a forum for the exchange of the latest regional and national policy, technical information, and the dissemination of the high-quality project and research results. Therefore, papers on related topics are solicited from all relevant disciplinary areas, ranging from current problems, projections, new concepts, modelling, experiments, and measurements, to simulations.
Learn from world-changing thinkers and innovators in the Ecological Design Community...
For other questions and comments email